Thursday, August 21, 2008

Who's She?

Have you ever read someone's blog and wondered, "who is this?" This person, male or female, who is revealing pieces of their hearts and thoughts on a blog entry that can be read by anyone who happens to be scanning pages on the internet. Who is this?

Curious minds want to know and I've decided to open up this blog with a short bio.

I'm Regina Hill (Gina) and I like to write. Various poems I've written are published with Blue Mountain Arts where I've been submitting poetry since 1994. Besides writing for Blue Mountain Arts, I've become fond of blogging and writing reviews on Epinions. Among the masses of blogs out there, mine is usually reserved for personal points to ponder and inspirational items I might have read and reposted for others. I have a few published articles and essays within the back issues of True Confessions, True Romance, Team Penning (equine enthusiasts), Asheville Citizen Times, Carolina Country, Whispers & Shouts (fiction) and Our State, Down Home in North Carolina.

Besides writing, I love reading and couldn't imagine listing the number of novels I've read and appreciated. My favorite authors are usually the ones who can make me cry or, at least, feel something amazing in the way of inspiration and appreciation. There are those favorites that I've read over the years which stick in my brain, the "unforgettable" ones like Scarlet Letter, Gone With The Wind, Where the Red Fern Grows, I Know This Much is True, She's Come Undone, Little Women, Narnia, Agate Hill (most recently), Saving Grace, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember. Oh... the list is way too long. I couldn't possibly list the "unforgettable" even. Just say that I love to read, too.

Among my writings, you're likely to find poetry (free verse), although most of my poems are reserved for submission to Blue Mountain Arts. There are some I feel deserve a world wide web readership. Some of the personal experiences, realizations and inspirations that I am inspired to write on are relationships, love, romance, divorce and feelings. And, at times, I simply want to share some common event or evidence that I can be frugal, focused and free of prejudice regarding the subjects I write about. In other words, I might write about any topic I find interesting at any particular time. I reserve the right to do this since I believe in freedom of the press and heart.


If you happen to come upon some writing I've placed here or anywhere, I would love to hear your thoughts. Comments are always appreciated. Well, that's who she is ... now I will move on to writing on more interesting topics. Thanks for your reading time and I hope you'll come back for more.



Gina

No comments: